15mm CH pipes under concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to sink a short section 1 (metre )of 15mm Ch copper pipe in the concrete floor where it crosses a doorway. Does the pipe need "lagging" and how deep should it be? I intend to box in the remaining pipe.
Thanks
upload_2021-10-19_22-27-16.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Yes lag it, if you're sinking it in wet concrete then protect it (duct or Denso tape). Depth- deep enough so some idiot won't put a screw through it

It’s always messy:cautious:

Grind (Diamond disc) a couple of lines to your chosen width, then chisel out. If you have an sds+ drill with chisel function, it’s a simple job.

might be easier to cut straight across, rather than follow the wall contour.

Sponsored Links
Yeah as above. Before you start slicing the concrete up, check where your gas, water, electricity enter the house- if it's a terrace & that's the hallway then good odds they're in that area somewhere, should be over a foot down but might not be...

Cool. Well worth getting a load of polythene and sheeting over doors etc. If you don't own an angle grinder, look at hiring a wall chaser- the blades are enclosed so a good vac on the outlet will clear a lot of the dust for you

Maybe hire a chaser.
Re the dust, open door, blow dust outside with leaf blower!?:D

Will need to drain the system so if I close off both valves on all radiators in the house (14) and open the drain valve at the bottom of the system will that still (partially) drain the pipes to enable me to re-route the pipes. Will that work?
Or if not advice please on how to drain and refill. It's a Worcester Combi boiler.
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back