Teeing off in 15mm for Extension/Chase in Concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My house is a combination of suspended (floorboards) floors and concrete and it currently has no central heating. I've worked out a route for the CH pipework which avoids all of the concrete areas except for one room which is an extension.

I have two options as far as I can tell:

1. Dig a channel in the concrete (difficult) and sink the pipes with felt/duct tape.
2. Take the pipes into the loft area (plenty of room) and down the wall (boxed in).

The boiler is going to be mounted into a cupboard so it should be possible to take the pipes up into the loft easily enough.

If I do take the pipes into the loft, is it possible to simply tee off in 15mm for the one radiator, noting that the pipe run length is perhaps ten metres? Or is it better to use 22mm and reduce down for the radiator. I'm presuming the former as it's just one radiator in its own "zone".

Sponsored Links
Running it in 15mm should be fine, it is a bit of an extended length though so it will need balancing correctly to get them all to warm up properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back