15mm heating pipes ran against breeze block wall with nail in clips

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do 15mm heatings pipes ran against a breeze block wall with nail in clips need protection?

Sponsored Links
As in duct tape or dpc on the wall before I nail the copper to it?

Any copper pipework nailed to masonry/brickwork/stone/cement should be wrapped to prevent corrosion, tape would be enough, sleeved would be better,

Thanks will the heat of the heating pipes not cause a problem for the duct tape?

Sponsored Links
Just use stand off clips instead.

They need to be tight to the wall so can be dot and dabed over with plaster board. Is duct tape ok to wrap around them?

There are also expansion issues to consider.

Its not a usual method but I like to wrap some packing style bubble round copper pipes in that scenario.

It provides some heat insulation as well as some movement to prevent clicking noises or cracking to plaster.

Tony

Thanks the pipes should be in the dot and dab void behind the plaster so shouldn't crack any plaster. Is duct tape ok to protect from the cement in the breeze blocks?

If the cement is going to stay dry there is little problem anyway. Duct tape will do no harm. But I would not use it.

Nor would I agree with your assessment of the effect of a line of 80 C pipes behind skimmed plasterboard.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back