15mm or 22mm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to have a combi boiler (Baxi 100HE) fitted in a 4 bed semi but prior to that am just relocating some radiators upstairs. Having lifted the floor boards I see that there is 22mm pipe coming upstairs from the back boiler which then converts to 15mm at the first radiator. All subsequent pipework upstairs is 15mm and there are 6 radiators coming off it. Should I be thinking about changing the main flow and return pipe to 22mm leaving 15mm for each radiator flow and return that comes off it or can I leave things as they are?

Sponsored Links
This could be a very long reply..who is converting your system? & whoever it is will need to know exactly how...

I would have thought the real issues would be whether the Combi will give you enough hot water which I doubt.

Sponsored Links
gazthepottertonengineer said:
i hate to tell you this but baxi 100HE isnt a Combi :rolleyes:

LOL :p :p :p :p :p

Well dang my old boots is that right :LOL: :LOL:

DIA maybe you should have said ` wall mounted powered flue condensing boiler` Happy Gaz?... ;)

You certainly will have to change all sorts of pipework me old mucker...think you would need a professional....for a start he will have to work out your existing plumbing arrangement, then use all pipework to suit the new...it`s a big job if you don`t know what you`re doing, I`m not suggesting you are incapable but probably inexperienced...I may be wrong but judging by your questions I would think that you will need the help of an experienced plumber/ gas fitter at least... ;)

traineegasman said:
DIA maybe you should have said ` wall mounted powered flue condensing boiler` Happy Gaz?... ;)

Why the poster said it was a combi, ain't he gonna get a suprise when he opens the taps :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Perhaps he means the 130HE :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Anyways how the hell do you expect me to know I don't fit the cans.

doitall said:
[quote=":

Why the poster said it was a combi, ain't he gonna get a suprise when he opens the taps :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Errr.. not really, if he turns on his hot water taps he`ll get hot water...he won`t notice any particular difference.... ;)

Sorry DIA you mean Hot water pressure.. miles away...he certainly will... :D :D

traineegasman said:
Errr.. not really, if he turns on his hot water taps he`ll get hot water...he won`t notice any particular difference.... ;)

Where's the hot water coming from then trainee, unless he plumbs the taps into the heating circuit. :LOL: :LOL:

Sorry DIA he`s converting from a back boiler system to a condensing boiler system..Can`t understand what your point is...

traineegasman said:
Sorry DIA he`s converting from a back boiler system to a condensing boiler system..Can`t understand what your point is...

Try and keep up Trainee :LOL: :LOL:

The poster is fitting a 100HE which isn't a combi, although he assumed it was.

Therefor when he opens the taps = no hot water unless he keeps the cylinder, which would be a good idea

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back