15mm to 10mm reducer

Sponsored Links
Gareth you would be better off starting a new post mate, anyway on the valve you get with it a 15 mm olive, which you discard, and the nut,which you need.the reducer goes into the bottom of the valve ,with the narrow end of it to the 10 mm pipe.put the nut on the pipe ,put pipe into reducer ,all the way in mind,and tighten the nut. its a compression fitting. hope this is clear .by the way I do not like them and prefer to solder a 10 to 15 mm reducer to 15mm copper ,its more robust . terry

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
I agree with what's already been said. The reducing sets always leak eventually especially when hit with a hoover.

As it's almost impossible to get an olive off 10mm pipe it's almost always better to saw through just under the olive and sweat on a reducer - also gives you the same overall length so it'll pop straight in if it's just a valve change (y)

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
Hi Terry,

Thanks your description has helped me see what I need to do. I didn't consider I could get the pipe into the reducer as it seemed too small, but now I see it will fit. Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
I agree with what's already been said. The reducing sets always leak eventually especially when hit with a hoover.

As it's almost impossible to get an olive off 10mm pipe it's almost always better to saw through just under the olive and sweat on a reducer - also gives you the same overall length so it'll pop straight in if it's just a valve change (y)

Razor you also do it like it should be done(y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back