15mm to 15mm straight through coupler with male connections?

Sponsored Links
Great link bazdaman, I'll pop down and get one of those. (Thanks Damian too).

I didn't realise that I could use 1/2" interchangeably with 15mm (I thought 1/2" was around 12.5mm??)

I realise it will look a bit shabby to the trained eye but the eye of my 8 year old lad who's bedroom this is going to be, the massive poster of Marvel action heroes on the wall will distract his critical 'plumbers eye'....

Richard, been up here for around 7 years now. Fife is a nice place to live. Wouldn't fancy living over on the West with the "weegies" but here is quite chilled. Plus the Leader of the Opposition lives here so she wouldn't let me move away even if I wanted to. :)

Thanks again to everyone for all your help.

:)

Leaks, I should really just get 10mm valves but the thermostatic valve cost me £14, plus another £3.50 for the other end. I appreciate that to some people this is chicken feed but, unfortunately at the moment, to me it's not. So really wanted to utilise these valves

Okay try this next time it's real easy,
Hello mr DIY shed person, I'm really sorry but I've purchased the wrong size valves, can i exchange them for a different size please, here's my receipt.
:confused:

Sponsored Links
Take them back and swap for 10mm, save yourself all the hassle.

Assuming you've got enough slack in the pipe, cut the old olive off and fit the new 15mm nut on the pipe using a reducing set instead of the olive supplied with the valve:

Click!
All you'll see then is a 10mm pipe disappearing into a 15mm fitting. If you can find a 3-piece reducing set even better (they're easier to work with than the 2-piece shown).

Then put that ugly brass fitting you bought in a drawer somewhere.

By the way, it's the olive/reducing set that do all the sealing, so that's what you need to wrap in PTFE, the threads do nothing to stop water on a compression fitting except push the 'seal' home. Of course if you were to use the FxF socket, the thread would be acting as the seal, so in that case PTFE is needed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back