15mm to 22mm pipe on bath ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just about to start fitting the new bath on my bathroom re-fit.

The old bath had large lead pipes for the cold supply , they've been removed now.

Should i replace the hot and cold feed to the new bath taps with 22mm pipe ? and reduce back to connect the taps?

I'll be T'ing of a 15mm pipe , is this correct ?

If it is...why does the bath have bigger pipes running to it , just wondering ?

Cheers :D

Sponsored Links
In general bigger pipes give you a higher flow rate so that it doesn't take so long to fill the bath

If your supply is tank fed (from loft tanks) then you should be running the hot and cold feeds in 22mm

If your supply is coming from a combi then stick with 15mm and use reducers to connect to your taps

Where is the 15mm pipe you plan to t off coming from ?

To connect to the taps either use a flexible tap connector (easier but can reduce the flow and are expensive) or add a tap connector onto each of your supplies

newboy said:
If your supply is coming from a combi then stick with 15mm and use reducers to connect to your taps

yep , it's from the combi downstairs

newboy said:
Where is the 15mm pipe you plan to t off coming from ?

from the kitchen below , it is a 15mm off the mains and 15mm for the hot water. A section of it was lead before , hidden behind a wall cupboard , so had to get rid of that and replaced it with 15 mm pipe up to bathroom. It goes from entering the bathroom in the corner, along about 3 ft , then a T off to the bath supplies, continues on to the sink then cistern. The shower / bath will be a T off the bath cold suppy , it's an electric shower , cold supply only.

sound ok ?

Faith in the combi, then? :D

Easiest is often 15mm plastic and pushfit.

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
Faith in the combi, then? :D

Easiest is often 15mm plastic and pushfit.

Wall hung combi..... "Ideal ISAR" ? whatever that is ...were on the second one already :LOL:

Push fit :LOL: that's what i'm using ...good stuff , so far :eek:

I think the large old pipe was in place as i have just deleted the tank in the loft , it's been there since our old back boiler days , it was only serving the cistern , bath and sink cold water ...all LEAD :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back