1666 fishing treaty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
may have caused some issues when the UK try & regain control of its fishing rights post Brexit ?

Officials from Flanders the northern dutch speaking part of belgium have un-earthed a 350 year old treaty /Royal Charter giving 50 fishermen from Bruges eternal access to fish in British waters

King Charles the 2nd signed the privilige on the 2nd October 1666 granting the fishermen the right to fish for eternity

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
No names specified tis the number that is relevant

50 fishermen which could mean x amount of fishing vessels

50 fisherman should mean just that. Not sure how many fisherman there are on each boat (excluding cook etc) but there shouldn't be more than 50 boats.

But I reckon it'll get kicked into the long grass.

It would also mean using fishing methods of the day and not some factory trawler. We need not worry about such nonsense.

It would also mean using fishing methods of the day and not some factory trawler. We need not worry about such nonsense.

No it does not mean the fishing methods of the day.

Nonsense it may well be , tell it to the Belgiums

Link ??

this constant demand for links. Transam does not do links :)

How about buy a news paper , such as Saturdays edition of "I" there is an article on it

I have read various articles on it and from those that lean in different political directions. None suggest that this is a modern idea or that the terms of such a treaty would have any effect in modern fishing.

No it does not mean the fishing methods of the day.

Nonsense it may well be , tell it to the Belgiums

how do you know?
Link ??

this constant demand for links. Transam does not do links :)

How about buy a news paper , such as Saturdays edition of "I" there is an article on it
**** end does not do links because he realises his lies will be exposed.
https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news...ants-fishermen-eternal-rights-english-waters/
He reads something then adds his own imaginative weft of fantasy to propagate his version of fake news, completely warping the real story.

It is why I describe him as an accomplished liar.

No doubt tranny's "bra friend" will bounce to his support.

There are higher authorities that determine the fishing policies anyway:
Wednesday 15 February 2017 12.12 GMTLast modified on Wednesday 31 May 2017 14.54 BST

The hopes of British fishermen that the UK can win its “waters back” after Brexit are expected to be dashed by the European parliament, despite the campaign promises of Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage, a leaked EU document reveals.

MEPs have drafted seven provisions to be included in Britain’s “exit agreement”, including the stipulation that there will be “no increase to the UK’s share of fishing opportunities for jointly fished stocks [maintaining the existing quota distribution in UK and EU waters]”.

The document, obtained by the Guardian, adds that in order for the UK and EU to keep to commitments on sustainable fishing – contained within the United Nations stocks agreement – “it is difficult to see any alternative to the continued application of the common fisheries policy”.
https://www.theguardian.com/environ...-win-waters-back-after-brexit-eu-memo-reveals

http://www.un.org/depts/los/convention_agreements/convention_overview_fish_stocks.htm

Additionally the UK habits of eating fish will have to change drastically post Brexit (if it ever happens), because:
upload_2017-7-9_13-39-56.png

Sponsored Links
Back