16mbar pressure at boiler as opposed to 18 minimum

Would this pressue (16mb) be fixed or would could it change overnight depending what Pooper Scooper are supplying?

If the pressure went up to 20mb then would this effect the pressures at a gas appliance set up on a 16mb inlet pressure? or can the meter governor be adjusted so that the pressure will never rise above 16mb (if that is all your getting)

Sponsored Links
If I was to upgrade just part of the pipework ( I can't access most of it as it is boxed in), would I benefit from increased pressure?

Corrado said:
If I was to upgrade just part of the pipework ( I can't access most of it as it is boxed in), would I benefit from increased pressure?
maybe if your lucky but its not too much of a problem anyway, only becomes a problem when it goes wrong and worcester blame the gas pressure cause they cant find the fault.

Sponsored Links
Sorry cant let it go.
Quoting 6891,The pressure drop between the outlet of the meter and the points to be connected shall not exceed 1 mbar at maximum flow conditions.

When sizing pipes it not just the pressure but the gas rate (volume of gas a pipe can pass).

So at 16 mbar it is still possible to get the right gas rate at the appliance if the volume of gas can be passed by the gas pipe.

In answer to the first post did the engineer then do a gas rate test and a working pressure test at he meter, if not he didn't do the job properly.

ratonnastick said:
So at 16 mbar it is still possible to get the right gas rate at the appliance if the volume of gas can be passed by the gas pipe.

Thats quite true but unfortunately its irrelevant as the regulations state the pressure drop from the meter.

CORGI ( PS ) seem to have decided that the minimum pressure at the meter must be 18 mB whereas Transco, National Grid or PS apparently think that they only have to provide 16 mB.

Sorry about the "Pooper Scooper". It was only meant as a joke based on Transco changing their name so often. Seems to have rather caught on though, cant think why!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back