New Gas Fire Installation - Pressure issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We just had a new gas fire installed in our living room (BMF Verine Carmelo HE BF).
It was installed by a gas safe engineer a few weeks back and we have just started to use it now the building work surounding it has been completed.

Upon using the unit we noted that the flames are not yellow and also pretty small (only 1/3 the height of the fire box) we then emailed the manufacturer BMF who stated that the minimum pressure for the unit should be 19mbar and should operate at 20mbar ideally. We had a gas pressure reading at the unit of 18mbar upon installation and the fitted stated that this should not cause an issue!

I understand that pressure at meter is normally around 20-22mbar and that the maximum loss in the house should be in the region of 2mbar? The pipe work does run from one side of the house to the other which is some 15 meters and the pipework is in the wall and I believe is the 8mm stuff.
Is this level of drop expected? Should I be operating the unit at 18mbar?

I would ask our gas engineer but he is on holiday now for some weeks.

Kind regards
Darren

Sponsored Links
Your RGI should have measured the pressure at the meter and at the fire.

Pressure loss should not exceed 1 mbar.

Flame height is roughly proportional to the supply pressure.

But what you don't know is what height the flames should be!

I don't think that an 18 mbar pressure would make any noticeable difference at all to the visible operation.

Why not take a photo and send it to the makers for comment?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back