17mm plastic solvent weld pipe - when and what is that?

Well, yes I did consider the cleaner but roughening up all surfaces with glass paper degreases as well. If I were to do a lot of these I would probably buy the cleaner. The joint is sound so all is well.

Sponsored Links
Plumbase, this post is nearly 3 year old, and that fitting will not fit 17mm O.D. ABS

If its a light grey colour with grey glue not clear glue then it'll probably be abs plastic if its a darker grey almost black with clear glue then it'll be pvc.

We fit loads of this onsite fitting purified water pipework and chemical lines, check out duapipe and gf also effast, have seen it a few times in domestic applications, personally if its old and it sounds likeit is i'd just replace it for peace of mind.

Bss and some pipecentres sell the pipe and fittings and most will sell the glue and cleaner dont know the exact dimenisons but it sounds like its 1/2" pipe it comes in different wall thicknesses etc for different applications.

We often convert it to conventional pipework systems by glueing a threaded nipple on so you can screw a socket onto.

Hope thats of some help

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back