Removing a solvent weld waste fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all, I am replacing my bath and have removed the old one. I need to re-locate the existing white bath waste but it is connected to what looks like a compression to solvent converter (grey) , unfortunately it has been solvent welded to the converter at the compression end and won't budge. how can I remove it without damaging the grey solvent weld waste pipes that lead outside?

Sponsored Links
It's probably easier to cut the pipe beyond the stuck connection and replace it than to unstick a well made solvent weld connection :(

Thanks TicklyT, Unfortunately it's the bath trap that has been welded on. I shall try and post a pic.[/img]

For the price of a replacement bath trap, it's not worth messing about trying to undo S/W joints - only limited chance of success anyway.

Sponsored Links
I do want to remove the bath trap, I just don't know how to without wrecking the grey connector it's attached to.

Its impossible to remove a properly made solvent weld joint.

You will have to cut the pipe further back and make a joint onto it.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back