17th ed CUs are too small

S

sparkyspike

Just been looking at Click-Sure's CU.

I have recently been fitting Wylex 17 way split load boards, with an extra RCD fitted, so that I can get 4 RCBOs and 13 MCBs in one board. This saves space, but it means buying a separate RCD, plus a lot of faffing about.

None of the suppliers near me does anything bigger than the one Click-Sure has. Any ideas where I can get a ready made high integrity board with more than 10 ways? Using more than one CU with henley block and isolator is fine, but often there's no room for this.

Sponsored Links
I don't do this sort of thing for a living, but I would say that the MEM Memera 2000 is pretty roomy (better than the later Memera 2000AD which is more rounded, and stylish, as well as being more flimsy)

they are both current manufacture.

It is quite tight squeezing several RCBOs into a 2000 AD, and the 2000 range is squarer and roomier.

The problem is not so much the devices themselves, as the thick Neutral cable which tries to spring back to straight after you bend it.

If you have a look in the MEM catalogue you will find they list quite a range, in both styles, going up to about 24 ways (from memory)

I think I have a couple of pics I will attach in a minute or two.

This is a double-decker Memera 2000
this is it closed View media item 1090and here it is inside View media item 6822and a smaller 2000
DSCF0102.jpg

this is a 2000AD

View media item 1091and a 2000AD with some RCBOs (it would not be so cramped when the neutrals are cut to fit better)
DSCF0100.jpg

...more to follow

Sponsored Links
Almost, they've just added an extra rccb to the right of the main switch, interestingly, its a 2-module one as opposed to the normal starbreaker rccb which occupies three modules.

Around £100 fully loaded at my local wholesalers.

It seems there isn't much available better than the 17 way Wylex I use. I'll get you a photo when I'm back at one of my jobs. I can fit in a main isolator, 4 RCBOs, 1 RCD with 6 MCBs and 1 RCD with 5 MCBs. Being in one fairly slim CU, it's the best option. But it takes half an hour to modify it to a triple bus. It costs about £100 plus breakers.

Normally two split loads are the way to go, but they're no good with limited space because you have a henley block and isolator enclosure to fit as well as the two CUs.

Surely you don't need the external extras if you use two and a stacking kit?

From your circuit use why didnt you just buy wylexs pre made board NHRS15 asves having to convert a 17 way.

If thats not enogh try a wylex NHD1SS

Lee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back