17th Edition Update

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys!

Been busy & also been away in Rotherham (at Lowes) to do my 17th update.

Really upset.

I got one question wrong...:cry:

Sponsored Links
A guy I know has just come back off the update and said he was there all day just to be basically told 'RCD everything'!!!

Sponsored Links
A guy I know has just come back off the update and said he was there all day just to be basically told 'RCD everything'!!!

Hang on... something rings a bell... to do with kitchen sinks, green/yellow cable, and still not having got people out the habbit a couple of decades on... :LOL:

Rice

!!

There's a bit more to it than that.

What tickles me is all the descriptions that have changed.

A few are: Line (was Phase), Basic Protection (was Direct Contact), Fault Protection (was Indirect Contact), ADS (was EEBADS), etcetera..

I suppose you gotta keep someone in a job... :rolleyes:

Hang on... something rings a bell... to do with kitchen sinks, green/yellow cable, and still not having got people out the habbit a couple of decades on... :LOL:

Yeah! Remember my post a short while back?

A rewire done to the "17th", with supplementary to the kitchen sink...

Is that why new boards are L1, L2 L3 , standing for LINE,
so should we now say,
3 line motor connected to a 3 line board. :confused:

It has been altered in the spirit of harmonisation, but not with Europe. It is to bring the regs in line with BS 1363, which uses "L" to denote "Line", not "Live", as everyone (including several manufacturers) seem to think!

I did mine at the NIC- 3 days !! :eek:

3 days due to not doing 16th and hence course was the full fat varient.

Line is a funny one, since there's still 100's of references to phase in the red book.

You must be far better than me, I got 91% which was 5 wrong from 60 :oops:

Well done, Simon & Chris.

The point is missed by many, many sparks that it is one thing to pass an exam, quite another to actually understand the regs.

I've taught (hang on, I'll count up...) nine 2382-10/20 courses now and overwhelmingly the delegates have been surprised at their own lack of understanding. Most have never been taught to use the book correctly and many have a poor grasp of even basic principles.

Thanks, dingbat.

Yes, I agree. There was invariably a stony silence round the table when our tutor asked questions.

"What's 'Ib'?" asked one....

The thing is, you never stop learning. As a colleague of mine said the other day, having phoned me aboput a fault he was looking into, "Every day's a school day."

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back