17th edition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i know theres a few of these post but has anyone done the course/update yet?

ive got my update tomorow night and tuesday night with my test on tuesday night.

from what i know of the changes are

all circuits rcd controled unless buried more than 50mm or protected by metalic conduit.

there is some sort of change on the bonding?

i know there must be more so can you list the changes below please

thanks
chris

Sponsored Links
Many changes.

Sections 6/7

Bathrooms

Indirect/Direct Contact

Minimum M Ohm readings

New Content for 7671:2008

And more....

...can you list the changes below please

Hang on a minute...

...as every single page has changed ( and there are 68 more pages than before) that might prove time consuming...

...but all you need to know is in the big, red answer book. ;)

Sponsored Links
If you're going on the course why not wait until what the course tells you. The changes have been widely publicised/discussed and anyone who is half way up to date should know probably 75% of what the course will tell you already. Its an update course only and it is not exactly rocket science.

Hang on a minute...

...as every single page has changed ( and there are 68 more pages than before) that might prove time consuming...

just wanted a little list like above i konw people arnt going to post every little change.

Try this for a detailed overview

edit: sorry, forgot to post the link :oops:
http://www.voltimum.co.uk/news/8849...y-of-changes-in-the-17th-Edition.html[/QUOTE]

thats the type of thing i was after.

cheers will be having a quick look over it in a sec.

If you're going on the course why not wait until what the course tells you. The changes have been widely publicised/discussed and anyone who is half way up to date should know probably 75% of what the course will tell you already. Its an update course only and it is not exactly rocket science.

the course is only about 6 hours long so every little helps.... and as said above an extra 68 pages so it wont all get covered in 6 hours

If they are any good, the guys doing the course will give you "pointers" on what you need to concentrate on to pass the exam... ;)

I did the course and exam last tuesday. It is a bit tricky as all of the content is new, but the questions are all answered in the BS7671. I found that if I thought I knew the answers off the top of my head then It was time to look in the book as they would not have asked the question if it hadn't changed.

ears are pounding now. lol

as you probably know everything is rcd. unless its 50mm deep or in metalic conduit. there were talks about a split load board with 3 rcd maion switches. but its up to the installer.

the tutor gave us a book that e taught us from so we have all the notes he has.

as pdcelec said its all in the book but need to check in there for all questions

I got the eca Guide to the wiring regulations 17th edition
ISBN 978-0-470-51685-0
It is still quite rare
It has 280 pages and explains clearly with drawings
Read in conjuction with the red book, it all comes together

is that the one that was published last week? the tutor got his though this morning. ive got my test tommorow so wont be able to get it in time

chris

Hang on a minute...

And the misconception is, most qualified sparks don't have to learn every page. They only have to learn the pages that apply to the work they are undertaking.

is that the one that was published last week? the tutor got his though this morning. ive got my test tommorow so wont be able to get it in time

chris
Maybe I have had it two weeks but I ordered it in NOVEMBER, and it kept getting put back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back