18mm Solid Oak Flooring with recessed door mat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Im going to be installing the above but im after a recessed door mat frame with a lip to cover the edge of the soild flooring, does such a thing exist?

Found this but it only goes up to 9mm:

http://www.cleanmyquickstep.com/QuickStep Entrance Mat.htm

Ive seen various L shaped edge trims but nothing that you can fix to the sub floor and have a lip over the wood. I want it to look good and not some botched job :cool:

I have a 1 x 1m section of coir mating to cut down to the size I decide on, at the moment not sure of how much to put down without it taking over..

Thanks in advance,

Gareth

Sponsored Links
The flooring supplier that supplied the wood will sell a suitable square edge profile, failing that, most DIY chains will sell oak profiles to suit.

Thanks for the replies, appreciated!

Last question i have is, I'm glueing the floor down to a concrete sub floor ( Dpm applied, self levelled etc) do I need to glue the tongue and grooves of each board? And if so what glue can you recommend?

I will be using laybond L16 to glue the floor down, it was recommended by the place I purchased the floor from. Any views on this product?

Thanks in advance

Gareth

Sponsored Links
Sound to me that the Laybond L16 is for parquet flooring (or narrow wood strips). what type of wood flooring are you installing - thickness, width, length

It's 130mm wide 18mm thick solid oak floor, lengths are random from I think 400mm to 1500mm, all tongue and groove..

I would use a End Bar which is supplied with the base plate, this can be screwed into the sub-floor and the end bar is then pushed into the base plate. This can be easily removed if needed. It will give a neat right angled finish for matting to drop in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back