1930’s style composite door similar to Rockdoor Newark?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of a similar door to this:

5E32482A-54F0-48DA-971A-1F5ED029A16E.png

Ideally something cheaper, i’m Not too concerned about the security aspect of the Rockdoor because it’s 1 of 2 external doors that any burglar (or policeman) would have to get through.

Sponsored Links
How closer match are you after, Eurocell's The Hartington is similarish.
Would avoid Rockdoor, Loads of problems with bowing slabs and paint pealing recently

As close as possible. The Solidor London is a bit too different but i’ll have a look at the Hartington, thanks.

About £750? Near on half the price of the Rockdoor.

Last edited:
The Harrington is the same as the London.

There’s a Rockdoor on e-bay, local to me and the right colour but doesn’t look to be in a frame and there is no locking system. I’m wondering if it would be more trouble than it’s worth, the description says:

BRAND NEW DOOR ANTRICITE GREY WHITE ON INSIDE NEVER FITTED IN WRAPPER NO FURNITURE OR LOCKING SYSTEM THIS IS DOOR ONLY NO FRAME rrp 1200 ULTIMATE TOP OF RANGE GRAB A BARGIN

71736EB0-B8D8-4F53-BEEA-2C5645C24C44.png

Sponsored Links
Yes that would be a nightmare to get sorted into a frame and no dought would have no guarantees.
Which is especially a bad idea when I have guys on my trade forums complaining that they have had to replace the same door slabs as many as 4 times in a single year.

Seriously I would look for another make/style that you like

But its got a frame, its covered in blue protective foil, looks like theres a polystyrene corner protector at the top, the bottom one has fallen apart, they look to be slid over the outer frame

It says no frame on the add, there’s another picture showing the blue is a thick foam rather than a foil.

A74AB90F-0CE9-4CE7-B312-2FE8FF830DE9.png

That looks pretty good :)

Any idea on price? I can’t see an online design program.

Oh, and the lad I work with, the guy I’ve picked up from his house everyday for the last 2 years. I just noticed his door:

AB2B26C9-FB1B-485A-AA7D-D9588966E9C6.jpeg

rembrandt.png

Door like that 900x 2100, Secured by design, slab blue on the inside as well as out, including the decorative glass.... we'd charge under £900 inc vat on supply only. We are based in Devon so not a lot of use to you, but if you go through Truedors door builder on their website they should put your enquiry through to a local supplier.

For the Solidor London in grey with bump lock the place local to me have quoted £852+vat supply only.

I’m thinking now the bump lock isn’t such a good idea because we spend a lot of time in the garden so could easily end up locked out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back