Composite door in 1930s style

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Any good window or door manufacturing joinery firm, equipped with a spindle moulder, should be able to make this for you. There's no technical problems that can't be overcome by someone who knows what they are doing. It's just a case of telling them exactly what you want and not taking "it can't be done like that" for an answer. One of the problems with companies who produce catalogues is that they are set up for batch production of their standard designs and are not interested in making exactly what the discerning customer wants.

When I wanted replacement box sash windows making (23 off) all the majors said they couldn't do it to my style. Got a local window company (Carlisle Glass) to manufacture exactly what I wanted.

Bespoke timber products all come at price, yes they look nice, but at the end of the day the financial outlay doesn't add up for most customers.
Personally I'd opt for timber but the cost and further mainatence/painting costs would be an issue
If I had an endless pot then timber all the way

Any good window or door manufacturing joinery firm, equipped with a spindle moulder, should be able to make this for you.

Is this to make a bespoke timber door or a composite? If timber then yes anything can be made, slightly different for a composite though

My supplier buys the composite slabs in and CNC's them out, you can CNC out any hole you like but its not that simple as there needs to be a glazing cassette available in that size to take the glass, you could CNC out 6 squares if theres a suitable cassette or DH's idea of astragals is I would imagine the only solution for the OP.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back