Cupboard Door Alignment Help Needed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm struggling to adjust these hinges correctly. I started off with a slight alignment problem and just made it much worse. Now I can't get the door anywhere near aligned? I guess I need to go back to square one, but what is that?

$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
On the other end of t2andb2 is there a grove around them, if so it engages in the end of the back plate. is this the type you have
917C9FD6-4826-4C70-8ED0-31905DA6DB89.jpeg
If you do have that type,For the amount of thread visible on T2 and B2 the opening side of the door should be well inside the side panel which makes me think they may not be engaged

Last edited:
Thanks for your help. I've managed to do it now - I think I was just turning the screws too far at a time - a bit more sensitive than I realised.

Assuming the hinge is attached to the back plate correctly I would suggest turning the inner screw on the top hinge, (the one nearest the edge of the cupboard), half a turn anti-clockwise and the corresponding screw on the bottom hinge half a turn clockwise. If this appears to be pulling it back into line then continue turning them in small increments until the door lines up.
You may need to slacken the innermost screw slightly before making these adjustments and then tighten them after each adjustment. This will lock the adjusting screws preventing them from moving when you close the door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back