1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Cupboard Door Alignment Help Needed?

Discussion in 'Wood / Woodwork / Carpentry' started by Foresty Forest, 21 Dec 2020.

1. Foresty Forest

Foresty Forest

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I'm struggling to adjust these hinges correctly. I started off with a slight alignment problem and just made it much worse. Now I can't get the door anywhere near aligned? I guess I need to go back to square one, but what is that?

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Sponsored Links
  3. foxhole

foxhole

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    No image?

4. lostinthelight

lostinthelight

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Have you got the anular groves on both T2 and B2 fully engaged in their slots on the end of the hinge plates
    7D2EACB2-6419-46B3-A571-392E72FB544B.jpeg

5. Foresty Forest

Foresty Forest

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I've tried adjusting the screws in all directions, including moving the 'back plates' in case they'd dropped.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what you mean?

6. lostinthelight

lostinthelight

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    On the other end of t2andb2 is there a grove around them, if so it engages in the end of the back plate. is this the type you have
    917C9FD6-4826-4C70-8ED0-31905DA6DB89.jpeg
    If you do have that type,For the amount of thread visible on T2 and B2 the opening side of the door should be well inside the side panel which makes me think they may not be engaged

Last edited: 21 Dec 2020
  7. Foresty Forest

Foresty Forest

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for your help. I've managed to do it now - I think I was just turning the screws too far at a time - a bit more sensitive than I realised.

8. conny

conny

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Assuming the hinge is attached to the back plate correctly I would suggest turning the inner screw on the top hinge, (the one nearest the edge of the cupboard), half a turn anti-clockwise and the corresponding screw on the bottom hinge half a turn clockwise. If this appears to be pulling it back into line then continue turning them in small increments until the door lines up.
    You may need to slacken the innermost screw slightly before making these adjustments and then tighten them after each adjustment. This will lock the adjusting screws preventing them from moving when you close the door.

9. Sponsored Links