1993 Honda Accord

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me how to get the internal door handle off? I take out all the screws but there's still something stopping me from removing it.

I want to sort out the electric window winding mechanism - I think the limit switches have stopped working.

Sponsored Links
Have done a couple on a difference model and found some of them have a cir-clip washer between the door handle and the door panel. I carefully use a thin screwdriver to slide it out. I have no idea if yours is the same.

Sorry I may have given you the wrong answer as it not the door handle you're talking about ! If it's a internal plate type maybe a blunt tool prise behind it and may unclip itself ????

Thanks for your response, masona.

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing. It's not the lever that opens the door but the handle you use to pull the door shut, which also acts as an arm rest.

It has hidden screws & I'm sure I unscrewed all of them. I guess that the handle needs a soft blow with a hammer to twist it in one dircetion or another but which way? Or is it something else?

The problem is every door panel is difference and as you say it will be easy if you know which way to move it. Has a quick look on google and there're some Honda accord forum on there may help you or pop down to your Honda dealer part centre and they may show you one to see what the fitting looks like, I have done this before !

Sponsored Links
If I remember right there is a downward slot, so you need to push upwards, long while since I've done one
Quick Fit

Back