1994 achieva torque converter clutch wire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 1994 Achieva with a bad torque converter clutch. I don't want to pull the tranny if I don't have to. Someone told me if I cut one the wires going to the clutch, it's a quick fix, but after that I run the risk of the tranny overheating. I'm willing to take the risk for an old car that's only driven short distances. But the torque converter has about a dozen wires in the bundle going into it. How do I figure out which wire is the right one? Does anyone have a wiring diagram?

I had similar problems with older makes and models, but there was a separate, smaller wiring bundle then. I only found one big bundle going into the Achieva torque coverter.

Sponsored Links
I have a 1994 Achieva with a bad torque converter clutch. I don't want to pull the tranny if I don't have to. Someone told me if I cut one the wires going to the clutch, it's a quick fix, but after that I run the risk of the tranny overheating. I'm willing to take the risk for an old car that's only driven short distances. But the torque converter has about a dozen wires in the bundle going into it. How do I figure out which wire is the right one? Does anyone have a wiring diagram?

I had similar problems with older makes and models, but there was a separate, smaller wiring bundle then. I only found one big bundle going into the Achieva torque coverter.
I think you might have a better responce if you posted your question in an American forum, this is predominately a British site, not many of us have expierence of American gas guzzlers.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Back