1998 1.6 meganne not running properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There

I recently bought a meganne coupe 1.6e 1998 car for my daughter which has the following problem.

When starting 1st thing, the engine will cut out more or less immediately, 2nd attempt giving it more gas it starts, when driving on the car appears as though its struggling for fuel, as though its about to stop but if u give it a bit more gas it keeps running, it does this only very so often but it is fine when the car has run for a few minutes then warmed up.

The car has had a couple of sensors changed already by previous owner trying to resolve this, thes are the one just in front of manifold, my garage tried a crank case sensor but that hasnt worked, any ideas ?

PS - forgot to add the trip meter goes to zero as well sometimes when the above happens ?

Sponsored Links
Coolant temp sender & crankshaft position sensor would be the logical culprits.
Also, the coil packs are notoriously bad on these. So bad that the AA and RAC keep a stock of them on all their vans

Sponsored Links
Coolant temp sender & crankshaft position sensor would be the logical culprits.
Also, the coil packs are notoriously bad on these. So bad that the AA and RAC keep a stock of them on all their vans
Hi there, coolant sen changed and crank sensor changed not tried coil packs yet, car went to to auto electricians yesterday so hoping he might find it with his computer !!

will keep in touch

cheers matt

Back