1cm gap under front door - New Build Flat

No, I've just cut and pasted from a report I had.

Has it changed then, I suppose I need to check

Even so 10mm is still wrong :p

Sponsored Links
just a quick update - I managed to (eventually) get the people that built the flats in to take a look. turns out there's a button on the side of the door that release a built in draft excluder that falls when the door is closed. for some reason ours was never activated. now the gap is less than 3 mm.

Thanks for everyone's replies.

WTF? Why didn't we think of that, it was so obvious!

Thanks for the update though

Sponsored Links
Hello guys, I was looking for any information on the similar problem and found this forum.
I recently moved into a new build flat and the next day I noticed the gap under my front door. The problem is that this is the external door going directly out side so the draft is coming in.
I have contacted the builders but they were trying to convince me this is done correctly. I had one or two inspections were they still claimed it was done within the building regulations. The door producer says he provided the door to the requirements. I finally have NHBC building warrant to visit for inspection but would very much appreciate if anyone could advise on this. From what I read it looks like there is a good group on knowledgeable people here. Btw, this suppose to be a fire door.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 145
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 140

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back