1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

1st floor extension on existing extension - footings

Discussion in 'Building Regulations and Planning Permission' started by danboy66, 17 Jan 2012.

1. danboy66

danboy66

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    hi all first post so be gentle :D

i have full planning for a 1st floor extension on an existing extension the building inspector wants to view my footings

i have just finnished digging out an inspection hole and found the footing is 1 metre deep from ground level 600 concrete and 400 brick

is this going to be enough ?

thanks in advance ;)

dan..

2. Static

Static

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Who knows.. work out the loading that will be applied to the footings area when your new extension is on there and then work out the allowable bearing pressure of the soil with all factors of safety and compare the two..

Chances are, unless you have poor quality ground that a 600wd footing will be ok..

edit.. hold on do you mean 600 deep concrete or wide.. cos depth of footing is a little irrelevant width is key

3. Sponsored Links
  4. danboy66

danboy66

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    cheers for the reply

looks like i will just have to leave it to the building inspector :LOL:

dan.

5. ^woody^

^woody^

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    An existing extension with 1m deep foundations is most likely to be ok for a second story

6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links