1st floor extension on existing extension - footings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all first post so be gentle :D

i have full planning for a 1st floor extension on an existing extension the building inspector wants to view my footings

i have just finnished digging out an inspection hole and found the footing is 1 metre deep from ground level 600 concrete and 400 brick

is this going to be enough ?

thanks in advance ;)

dan..

Sponsored Links
Who knows.. work out the loading that will be applied to the footings area when your new extension is on there and then work out the allowable bearing pressure of the soil with all factors of safety and compare the two..

Chances are, unless you have poor quality ground that a 600wd footing will be ok..

edit.. hold on do you mean 600 deep concrete or wide.. cos depth of footing is a little irrelevant width is key

Sponsored Links
An existing extension with 1m deep foundations is most likely to be ok for a second story

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back