2.4m shower boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi had anyone used the 900mm by 2400mm shower boards ? How did you get them up the stairs ? Can you cut them down to get up the stairs ?

Sponsored Links
They are flexible to a degree but don't try to bend them in half obviously.... do you need the full 2.4m or can you cut them to size first downstairs ?

The walls are 2.4m high and I’m replacing two walls out of four with them. The tiles are literally falling off these two walls.

If you need them complete, and have modern internally glazed windows it's not difficult to remove a unit if it would help.

Sponsored Links
The walls are 2.4m high and I’m replacing two walls out of four with them. The tiles are literally falling off these two walls.

Do you know why the tiles are falling off?
What substrate re they attached to? (plasterboard/plaster/cement board etc)

Have you considered large form tiles? - I was in a stone suppliers looking at worktops and he showed me some amazing 1200x1200 tiles that were gorgeous and I recall them actually not being as expensive as I was expecting. For my bathroom refurb I was considering glass walls, but these tiles have really turned my head.

For me, the shower boards feel very cheap and nasty in situ, even though they are actually hideously expensive.

Regards

Tet

Cheers cbde, I might be able to get them up the front door now I reckon. The substrate is plasterboard on a metal dry-lined framework.

If the tiles are falling off then it's very likely the plasterboard is knackered.

I also think the boards look and feel very cheap, remind me of a caravan. Would be OK if they were cheap, but they often cost more than tiles as they're the in thing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back