2 Cold radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved house and radiators in the kids bedrooms are cold. 8mm pipes running to valaves are cold.

Have read other threads - most focus on attempting to release seized TRV. The valves on mine are Pegler Terriers - have tried hitting them with hammer but no change. Have tried forcing heat through by having all other rads off but also no luck. Have tried bleeding them but they are full of cold water.

Any ideas? Winter is coming and the nippers are getting nippy!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Could be a number of things, sludge, pump, valves, balancing and to make things worse as you've just moved in you don't know if they ever worked. First don't hit the trv with a hammer (they don't like it) take the trv head off and use pliers to push down or pull up (add a bit wd40) if they are free leave the heads off and turn off the other rads. If that doesn't work turn both valves off and disconnect from the rad and open valve into a bucket (use plenty of towels). Try this first. By the way what type of heating do you have ?

Want to do this this weekend. Any more advice? the valves are Pegler Terrier but they are old - not TRV, just open/close at both ends.

Sponsored Links
Yes they are open at both ends.

I have tried turning all the hot rads off and nothing. Will try again though. How quickly should I expect to see something/nothing?

quick enough

easiest way to test is close valves remove rad

then open valves one at a time over a bucket and see what comes out :idea:

thats looking like the best option.

If I ca get hot water through the valves then it must be some kind of blockage in the radiator - how do I clear?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back