2 gang, 2 way switch wiring conundrum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I have had some wiring done in part of the house to add a second 2 gang switch to 2 separate upstairs lights (one a pendent over the stairs the other a string of LED downlights). The electrician said it easier for him to bring a new live down from the loft and install all new....great idea i thought. Being nosey i wanted to see how he wired it, as from what i could see, he has only bought one live feed down to the switch, added a jump wire across the back of the switchplate, looped all the neautrals through a Waygo then linked the two switch plates with 2 lengths of 3 core & earth. I have sketched what i think i can see on the image attached, can anyone confirm to me if this is indeed correct and suitable or should i be getting him back? (he isn't the most forward of people, i just get old he's the electrician!!)

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• As installed.jpg
    As installed.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 39
Sponsored Links
In principle it looks acceptable. But really hard to decipher the drawing. Photos of the ACTUAL wiring please.

Thanks, its so tight i cant get a decent picture of the back of the switchplate with the live in.....it all works im just curious as I would have expected to see a live in for both lights but i guess thats what the jump wire does.
It is also all in 1mm....assume thats OK?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back