2 Gang Pattress Box with 2 x 1 Gang Chrome Switches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
I have a new home and have recently installed two chandeliers in my lounge which are both on separate circuits. There is also a third circuit for 4 spot lights. All three circuits currently return to a 1 Gang 3 switch chrome plate. I want to be able to dim the chandeliers. The spot lights are not dimmable. I do not want 2 separate 1 Gang pattress boxes and would ideally like one 2 gang pattress box which takes two 1 gang CHROME plated switches (one with a 2 switch dimmer and the other a single chrome switch for the spotlights). Is this possible? I'm concerned with a standard 2 gang pattress box the 2 chrome switch plates will be too large for the one box.

Many thanks in advance.

Chris

Sponsored Links
I can't understand your question. I think you think the number of gangs is something other than what it is. Basically it is the number of switches, so when you say "1 Gang 3 switch chrome plate" it just doesn't make sense to me.
The best I can come up with is that you refer to a standard width plate as a 1 gang, and a double with plate (same width as a double socket) as a 2 gang, but even then I cant work out exactly what you are asking.

One suggestion that might help is that you can get switches which look like dimmer modules but aren't, so you could get a 2 or 3 gang dimmer and change one or more modules for one of these 'pretend dimmer' switches.

Are you restricted by width or is it just looks you are concerned about.

Look at grid switches or put two single gangs together

Sponsored Links
Very often the decorative switches (in this instance the chrome ones) are slightly larger than the standard and they can be a problem to get side by side on a dual pattress/back box.

pj

Look at grid switches
blank65x10t.gif
whssign.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back