2 Gang Seperate Lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted a query regarding a problem with a 2 gang switch. That post seems to have dissapeared, so here is the updated problem. 2 gang switch, live into com, switch live out of L1-operates centre ceiling light-ok.
Second gang has a connecting wire from com1 to com2, switch live from L1 oprating low voltage transformer. When switching on second switch, the ceiling light comes on as well as the low voltage lights.
The low voltage supply dosen't come in contact with the ceiling light except with neutral at a junction box. :?:

Sponsored Links
Maybe you have not indentified the 'switch line' correctly in the first switch ? Just an idea.
Hope it helps.

its not disappeared - as your post count indicates - its simply moved down the forum onto page 2, if you bother to look. This is because other posts have been made since wednesday, and nobody replied to your post, which happens sometimes, its unfortunate.

Many thanks NotaSparky, I'll investigate further and let you know, at least it's constructive and not a trivial comment..I did bother, but just missed it.

Sponsored Links
GyDn said:
I posted a query regarding a problem with a 2 gang switch. That post seems to have dissapeared,

dont look hard do you, took all of 3 seconds to find it, here

Doesn't take a lot to get a back up these days, does it?

my backs not up, it just tickles me how many people do not read what is infront of them

I have tried connecting the switch live which leads to the transformer only and still the main light comes on as well as the secondary lights. I have traced the switch live to the transformer which then returns to neutral. I cannot find how the power is reaching the main (1st) light. The live in the switch is a spur from the ring. :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back