2 Gang Switch Replacement with WiFi Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning

I would like to replace my current 2-gang switch with a 2-gang Wifi Switch.

The current switch is in my front room and is 1 of 2, 2-gang switches that control the same two lights.

Please find some pics below, I hope someone can help!?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The current switch plate appears to be a pair of two way switches, I assume there are other switches elsewhere that also control the same lights.

The new switch appears to contain three single way switches and therefore would not able to replace the current switch.

That's correct, this is the second of 2 switches that control the same lights.

If I put this new switch on the other side of the room replacing the other switch would that work? Pic below.

Cheers

Attachments

• Other switch.jpg
    Other switch.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 103
Sponsored Links
Also your new switch needs a neutral, and your existing switches don't have one present, so even if you didn't have a 2-way vs 1-way problem it still wouldn't work.

But if you bought it direct from the maker, or another Chinese seller on eBay or Amazon you may have had a lucky escape.

And...
I would like to replace my current 2-gang switch with a 2-gang Wifi Switch.
In the name of all that is sensible, why?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back