2 GANG TO 3 GANG?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nice easy question for you guys tonight...i have some double sockets that havnt been spured off to anything...can i simply replace those with nice 3 gang MK sockets( with 13A fuse type) and if so will it be safe?

Sponsored Links
It means you are gaining an outlet but limiting the total current to 13A so I take it you are doing this for low current appliances (phone chargers etc)

Won't be much advantage in a kitchen.....

There are two types of three outlet sockets. Those with a 13A fuse supplying all outlets which will be no problem and those without a fuse and those should only be used on a ring.

In real terms it is unlikely three items will exceed 20A and so even with non fused types likely nothing will go wrong. However I would not fit the un-fused types.

Sponsored Links
I did forget to say that the plug in question are in the front room and will be used to power a Tv, telewst box and a small light (maybe).
would use the fused socket just to be safe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back