Using D-Line 'Easy Sockets' from 13A cooker switch socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is kind of a few questions in one.

I recently got some D-Line 'Easy Sockets' (basically surface mounted plug and play 13A sockets) and was wondering if it's safe to run a couple of 2 gang , or one 3 gang off the 13A cooker switch socket, with a view to powering the washing machine, extractor hood and some LED accent lighting from them?
Chances are all 3 items will be in use at the same time.
(It says on the pack that up to five 2 gang Easy Sockets can be used in one new circuit, max. 2990W)

Which brings me to the extractor hood.
Is it OK to run the extractor hood flex (2 core 0.75mm flat flex) behind a mirror splashback and tiled upstand (behind the hob) and power it from a socket?
(I have replaced the original flex with a longer one of identical type and fitted a plug with a 3A fuse.)

Cheers,
Chris

Sponsored Links
49105main_popcorn.jpg

Its effectively just an overpriced trailing socket extension lead...

So yes, you can use it like you'd use any other trailing socket extension lead.

Probably not ideal to run a washing machine off it, but in reality its unlikely to cause any issues.

Sponsored Links
Thanks,

Thought as much but wanted to double check.

Got them in B&Q on clearance, ranging from 49p to £1.99 for the different bits, so it was way easier and cheaper than new sockets or even an extension, lol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back