What sockets are required?

OK.

Before I go...
I fitted the back boxes only, I was told the back boxes can go anywhere but not higher than the original house switches as its an extension not a new build so no restrictions on heights etc so long as the isolation switches were a certain measurement from the cooker which I can't remember right now. the electrician ran all cables in safe zones and connected them up to the CU. I've also purchased said sockets which the electrician is going to fit. I'm sure what I've purchased is correct but as mentioned if its wrong I'm pretty sure the electrician would pick up on it after all its his name going on the paperwork.

Last I knew fitting a few back boxes and making a trip to screwfix to buy a few sockets isn't a crime.

Criminal offence, go scare monger someone else.
Sorry for what I said - I did fail to read it properly, so it looked to me like you were doing all the work and then getting an electrician to "sign it off" for Building Control purposes.

But if you and he had been doing that, you would indeed have been breaking the law - I wasn't scaremongering.

Sponsored Links
I would replace the 1G pattress with a 2G 45mm one for the cooker isolator. It'll make things a lot easier.

I would replace the 1G pattress with a 2G 45mm one for the cooker isolator. It'll make things a lot easier.
I wouldn't. As he's said, the walls been plastered. And there's plenty of brands that do >40A switches in single box configurations, just not MK for some reason. The hager switch I linked to is a beast. The terminals will take 16mm² T+E. So easy to work with

Hi guys,

No worries regards any mid understandings its no bother. All sockets have been purchased just waiting on electrician.

For good measure I shall be uploading a photo of the signed off paperwork once completed. You'll have to let me know if its the same electrician everyone seems to mention on here JohnD. ;) Ive changed the odd socket here and there but wiring a new extension and kitchen, Ill leave that to the pro's.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
We don't know his name, he's always on holiday.

Seriously though, if posting the paperwork, you had better not show any names.

Last I knew fitting a few back boxes and making a trip to screwfix to buy a few sockets isn't a crime.
No but it's expensive, I like I am sure many other electricians have registered with Screwfix and although no reduction in the price of tools, there is quite a reduction in the price of items like back boxes, so it would be far cheaper to get your electrician to pick them up.

As to minor works and installation certificates these can only be issued by person doing the work, the electrical installation condition report can, except for Scotland, be issued by anyone.

The compliance certificate can only be issued by a scheme member electrician and a completion certificate can only be issued by local authority building control, however they are normally issued on the strength of the minor works or installation certificate. With the LABC they can get an independent report or inspect themselves, but either way they should not issue a minor works or installation certificate to the owner.

So you should have after every electrical job:-
A minor works certificate or
An installation certificate.
If notifiable also you should have:-
A compliance or
A completion certificate.
With a compliance certificate you will always also have the Minor works or installation certificate.
But with a completion certificate you may only have that certificate.
In the main with an installation certificate you will also have a completion or compliance certificate as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back