2" gap at the end of bath, should i tile?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

not sure if this belongs in the plumbing or the tiling sub forum so i'll start here.

I'm getting to the end of finishing my bathroom, tiled walls/floor, plubing all in ect and finished fitting my bath today. The bath is 1700mm long and has left a gap of nearly 2" at the end. I was planning on fitting a baton into the gap then using the wall tiles to make a tiny shelf but dont feel this will look very good.

Do any of you have some tips or ideas i could use to fill this void that would be pleasing to the eye?

Sponsored Links
its not the tap end, but there is a shower fitted at the non tap end (electric shower)

Ideally you could have built the wall out to the correct width before tiling. Now you're really stuck with building a filler piece and tiling it. Or maybe a raised shelf with a slight slope on it.

Sponsored Links
Hi Rumpleforeskin.
I imagine that building the wall out by nearly 2" was not an option as it isn't for me.
I have just had a bath fitted and am now facing the same problem as you have/had.
Have you now found a way round it or are you still pondering over what to do?
I to was thinking of a small plynth and tiling all round it but like you I am not sure how good it will look.
rodders1949

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back