2 Inline fans, 1 Extract point

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Foolishly I only installed 1 "outlet" tile on the roof for a bathroom extract vent. I am not sure why i did this as i have 2 bathrooms!

I have now come to install inline extract fans and am scratching my head. I cant seem to find an adaptor that will allow 2 flexies to connect to the 1 extract tile coupling.

Is there such a thing or can i construct one from 110mm pipe or will it cause issues?

Sponsored Links
Foolishly I only installed 1 "outlet" tile on the roof for a bathroom extract vent. I am not sure why i did this as i have 2 bathrooms!

I have now come to install inline extract fans and am scratching my head. I cant seem to find an adaptor that will allow 2 flexies to connect to the 1 extract tile coupling.

Is there such a thing or can i construct one from 110mm pipe or will it cause issues?

I recently had to replace an inline fan for my local pub. It had 2 regular 110mm flexis which ran in to a metal splitter.

You can buy a plastic one though

You will also need 3 clamps.

Nice one cheers. So no issues with 2 being joint into 1

Nice one cheers. So no issues with 2 being joint into 1

I am not an authority. In my case I was running two inlets in to the inline fan. In your case you are running two sperate fan assisted feeds in to a passive join.

I would suggest that you keep the Y as close to the exit point as possible. The path of least resistance means that the air will head out of the property rather than taking a longer route back to the other fan.

For what it is worth, the fan that I did a like for like replacement only cost £100 (new on Ebay). It was big though (303mm long x 188.5mm wide x 211mm tall).

Sponsored Links
Fit back draught shutters to prevent steam and odour from one bathroom being blown into the other bathroom

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back