2 Lights from 1 switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to hook up 2 lights from 1 switch in my lounge, how would I do this? I have already got 1 light working but I'm unsure of how to connect the other light.

The light I have at the moment has 2 cables going into it, 1 is the switch the other is power in. It is the only light I have in the circuit.

Any help?

Sponsored Links
Run twin & earth cable from the 1st light to the second one. Use the terminal of the switched live, not the permanent one....

Thanks, I think I might of done that but when the switch is off the second light is on and the first is very dim? What I done wrong?

have you wired the second light to the perm. live? check this, it should be on sw. live (same as the 1st light)

If not, please dont tell me you wired them in series . . .

Sponsored Links
you have wired the lights across switched live and live. (you have put them across red and black havent you)

How hard can it be, if you have one light that works OK, to work out that you need to connect the second light to the same terminals in the rose/JB as the one that works, not a different set?

Don't have a go at me, mate, I only came on here for some friendly advice. If you're not going to offer any then please shut up.

Those of you that have something constructive to say, please go right ahead.

(Thought I'd get this in first, and steal their thunder!!)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks for your help guys, It was late and I was being stupid, got it sorted now!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back