2 Neutral wires into 1 connection?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have Live and Neutral going to fan L to L. N to N and from Pull cord switch I have Live going to T (timer) in fan and the fan then works OK, but this leaves me with a Neutral wire coming from the Pull cord switch with no where to connect it to.
Can I dispose of this wire or connect it into the fans N connection, making 2 Neutrals in 1 connection?

Sponsored Links
When you say pull cord switch, do you mean the light switch which also operates the fan? Or have you got a fan isolator that is a pull cord type?

luminaire said:
When you say pull cord switch, do you mean the light switch which also operates the fan? Or have you got a fan isolator that is a pull cord type?
Nothing to do with the light, it is a pull cord switch that starts the fan and when pulled a second time it allows the fan to continue running for a set period of time.
Sorry to confuse the issue but I am not up to date with the terms used.
Thanks for your reply.

If you are sure it is a neutral, it can be connected with the other neutral.

Sponsored Links
It sounds more like a switched live to trigger the fan overrun timer

luminaire said:
If you are sure it is a neutral, it can be connected with the other neutral.

Thanks for that advice, it is definatly Neutral, switched live is already connected to fan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back