2 plate and 3 plate lighting

W

wba369

whats the difference between a two plate and three plate lighting circuit ?

Sponsored Links
wba369 said:
whats the difference between a two plate and three plate lighting circuit ?

3 plate has a spare terminal for the loop. 2 plate doesnt

2 plate used for JB style wiring. 3 plate for newer wiring

in 2 plate wiring the live conductor feeds the switch before the celing rose/junction box ( this is mostly used for commercial and industrial wiring where singles cables are used. )

in 3 plate wiring the live conductor feeds the loop terminal of the celling rose/junction box before the switch. ( this is mostly used in domestic installations where twin and earth cable is used.

hope this helps.
jamie

Sponsored Links
I had also not heard it referred to as 2 and 3 plate wiring. I have questioned however having posts so old on the system as in 2008 there was a major change in regulations and there have been also building regulation changes so when doing an internet search one can so easy bring up out dated replies.

IMO

Any thread that has a date older than 180 days without any input should be automatically locked. This stops the problem of newbies replying to threads from many years ago and encourages them to start new topics!

This is a feature of a number of more enlightened Internet Forums (or is it fora?).
Maybe DiyNot should get into the 21st century?

IMO ... Any thread that has a date older than 180 days without any input should be automatically locked. This stops the problem of newbies replying to threads from many years ago and encourages them to start new topics! This is a feature of a number of more enlightened Internet Forums (or is it fora?). Maybe DiyNot should get into the 21st century?
Agreed - and it's not only newbies. I've certainly done it in my time (thanks to that list of,often ancient, topics which appears at the bottom of a page) and, IIRC, despite often taking people to task for doing it, I think that even BAS has been known to be a culprit :)

Kind Regards, John

Any thread that has a date older than 180 days without any input should be automatically locked. This stops the problem of newbies replying to threads from many years ago and encourages them to start new topics!
I agree but I would imagine that would involve a fair amount of coding.

Oh yeah.

I'm as sure as I can be though that it's always been a case of joining in a discussion after an old thread has been brought back from the dead, rather than doing the Burke & Hare thing myself.

These may at times be useful

w003-repost.jpg

scroll%20of%20resurrection.jpg

resurrectionnw0wz7hc0.jpg

holy%20thread%20resurrection.jpg

Thread%20Necromancy.jpg

133oldthread.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back