Three Outlet Coaxial Wall Plate.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My new apartment is preconfigured with a three outlet coaxial wall plate in two rooms but not the third. I have created a junction before one of the plates and taken a spur off but the TV in the new room will not receive clear pictures.

I have tried the outlet with a two outlet plate (Fm and TV or TV and Satellite) and also a three outlet plate but to no avail. Three outlet plates seem to be hard to find as well.

Am I missing something? It can only be down to the plate as the other side of the junction works ok.

a) Am I missing something?
b) where can I find three outlet plates (preferably in Chrome?)

Sponsored Links
Don't know about the plate sourcing Q, but your reception problem is almost certainly down to how you split the cable.

How did you do it?

Have you got good pictures on the other two 3 way plates? if not get it checked out.

The plate you describe is known as a triplex plate, used for the purpose you specify. The reason your 3rd double plate may not be working is because you still have 13-18 volts connected to it from the satellite feed which is being supplied by a launch amplifier or another satellite system in use elsewhere in the building which is supplying power to the dish LNB on the other side of the launch amp, this voltage is removed by the plate on the TV/FM side but not the sat side as its used for H/V switching within a normal universal LNB, you would not have a universal LNB fitted it would be a quad, however the voltages still remain in the system. Either connect another triplex plate which is risky as your might introduce grainy pictures though-out your pre-existing installation or connect the TV out of one triplex plate to the back of your double plate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back