Adding 13A socket to cooker circuit

How is that achieved in a cooker?
That's for the "cooker" manufacturer to say.

The OP is wiring in two separate appliances, which probably come with two sets of installation instructions.

I don't know what details they give, but it's unlikely that the gas hob ignition supply instructions say "Should be protected by a 32A fuse".

Sponsored Links
I don't know what details they give, but it's unlikely that the gas hob ignition supply instructions say "Should be protected by a 32A fuse".
Yes, it's very unlikely that they do say that :) However, they probably could - as I implied in my previous post, I would think it extremely unlikely that an ignition circuit could result in an overload current (so no overload protection required), and the circuit's fuse/MCB (32A or whatever) would already be required to provide adequate fault protection to the circuit (including the hob ignition circuitry).

Kind Regards, John

Europe question again, where it will be on a 16A circuit.

Incidentally, sss, why did you say (something like) a 5A fuse? What is that?

The chances are that the installation instructions will state that (as with most appliances) it should be protected by a BS1363 fuse. Maybe it won't say what size, but I would think it'd be unlikely to require anything higher than 5 amps.

Sponsored Links
The chances are that the installation instructions will state that (as with most appliances) it should be protected by a BS1363 fuse. Maybe it won't say what size, but I would think it'd be unlikely to require anything higher than 5 amps.

Well they'd be wrong on two counts.

1. BS1363 fuses are to protect the cable not what is on the end of it.
2. BS1363 fuses are not available in most other countries.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back