Kitchen Cooker/Hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please with kitchen refit, new cooking appliances consist of:
1 x Neff Hob. 7600W
2 x Matching single Ovens. Each 3000W Max.

The current feed for this is a 6 mm2 T & E from CU (mainly under wooden floor) to 45A Cooker Outlet Plate via 45A Cooker Switch with 13A Plug socket.

Combined current of hob and ovens far too great for 6mm cable, so thinking of putting Hob on Cooker outlet and Ovens onto kitchen ring with plugs/single sockets.

The ovens are not fitted with plug and lead.

Will this be OK?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
3000 watt is considered as 13A so could use FCU for each oven, 7600 watt is around 32A which is the standard cooker supply normally 6mm² we also have diversity not all rings will switch on together and the oven thermostat will not be on all the time, so likely having the whole lot on a single 32A supply will be fine. Worse case it trips, no harm done, my cooker stand alone rated 10466 - 12455 watt recommended supply by manufacturer 32A and it has never tripped.

If you are refitting the kitchen, this could be a good time to add an additional cooker circuit.

I have one each side of the kitchen, so the cooker can be repositioned at whim, or to have hob on one side and ovens on the other.

Sponsored Links
No it isn't.

I stand corrected, I wasn't aware of the 'current demand' being 10A + 30% of remainder + 5A for socket in cooker unit (= 29A). I'd just calculated total load as 13600/230 = 59A + 13 for socket = 72A

Think I'll put all 3 on the cooker outlet and get other half to cook a sunday roast and bake at the same time, see if she can trip it. Could save a lot of work chasing and externding the kichen ring.

Thanks for the help guys.

Any excuse for a roast dinner! I like it.

A 'dual cooker outlet' could prove useful here.

Think I'll put all 3 on the cooker outlet and get other half to cook a sunday roast and bake at the same time, see if she can trip it. Could save a lot of work chasing and externding the kichen ring.
Any excuse for a roast dinner! I like it.
Sorry for delay. Quick update:
I enjoyed my roast dinner, apple pie with custard and selection of cakes. Even more so knowing nothing tripped.
Thanks again for the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back