2 port valve wiring Easy Control CT200 EMS S Plan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
SYSTEM:
Worcester Bosch 8000 Life regular boiler on S Plan system.
Honeywell Normally Closed 2 port valves.
Honeywell programmable controller.
Nest E running as on/off and providing a heating schedule. I would switch to heating HW manually at the controller when needed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a bit of trial and error and a lot of learning, I think I'm nearly there with swapping the on/off 2 wire room stat for the Worcester Easy Control CT200.

The CT200 is connected to the EMS bus and seems to work. The final hurdle is, the 2 port valve for CH is not opening. Opening the valve for HW still works from the programmable controller.

Am I correct in thinking it because I've broken the 230v continuity to the valve by removing the old stat? Should I be installing a jumper at the wiring center between where the 230v supply that went to the old stat and the connector where the switched return came back?

I've attached a picture of the wiring BEFORE removing the send and return for the stat.

There is a programmer with CH and HW. Previously the CH on/off made no difference as the Nest E appeared to over ride this. To heat HW I would just manually switch the HW side to constant until the cylinder stat stopped calling for heat, then go turn it to off. I presume I'll be leaving both on constant to allow the CT200 to take control?

So close, but no there yet. Given that this is a consumer retail thermostat, it seems off that WB do not publish any instructions or guidance on how to install it!

This is what I've done so far, for anyone considering the same:

Old stat removed and 230v feed disconnected at the wiring center. Mine is a 4 core cable, so I've used the 2 spares for CT200 to EMS bus (via the wiring center, then on to the boiler)

Switched live return from the wiring center, to the boilers CH input, disconnected at the boiler end (insulated and left in place in case I decide to revert to the old stat).

I've installed the 2 jumper wires between the boiler internal connections from 230v out to the live returns for HW and CH.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Boiler wiring.jpg
    Boiler wiring.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 35
Sponsored Links
Thanks, will give it a go now. Any idea avout the inclusion or removal of the "on/off thermostat" link?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240112_110808.jpg
    Screenshot_20240112_110808.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 25
Sponsored Links
That didn't quite do it either. Fitted the link and now I have control over heating. CH valve permanently open though. I can open and close the WH valve from the over ride on the programmer, but it's not firing up the boiler?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back