2 quick plumbing questions to make sure on ...

ok i'll try that when replacing-just to prove it is knackered!!! i see the pump port (AB) - its the short piece of pipe from the pump outet side to the 3 port valve.

on the other point i thought a hot and cold feed washing machine was not acceptable for a washing machine/dishwasher as the flow rate may be insufficient especially if for eg someone takes a shower!!!!!

Sponsored Links
can i change a like for like motorised valve and used the old nuts/olives when tightening instead of removing the old olive's? or will they leak when re-tightened to the new valve? i did this when changing rad valves before and it was ok? just a thought to avoid having to saw off old olives!!!..........:)

yes i useally run abit of wire wool round the olives etc just to clean them up and make sure.

hmm - if i can't get ht eold olive's off easily i will do that then. what will wire wool do though except make the nut more shiny?

actually can i just clear something up-the lever when put onto manual opens a 2 port valve up, but on a 3 port mid does it open it up fully or just to heating position? i need to hae it onto manual when draining doiwn the system, but do i drain it in auto then carry on draining in manual, or just have it in manual before i start draining?!! sorry .... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
it will clean any crud or pits in the olive so the seating face of the olive fits snug.

oh nice one, sounds like a good idea. thanks will do that.

actually can i just clear something up-the lever when put onto manual opens a 2 port valve up, but on a 3 port mid does it open it up fully or just to heating position? i need to hae it onto manual when draining doiwn the system, but do i drain it in auto then carry on draining in manual, or just have it in manual before i start draining?!! sorry ....

it will put the valve into mid position on a 3 port.
just put it in manual position and drain. and same when filling.
makes life easyer, saves any airlocks.

thanks seco you've been brilliant with all your help.

i have heard airlocks are horrible to get rid of!! hopefully i won't get any-if i do any special tips to get rid of it quickly/easily ??

depends where you get it.
pump,rad circult etc
just cross ya fingers just see how it gos.

to be honest with a 3 port mid position valve - setting it to the maual position via the lever on the side will put the valve in the heating open position and will close of the hot water port. It will not set it into mid position.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back