2 Radiators not getting hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We've got 7 radiators on our house and I've gone to bleed them today and found 2 of them are not even getting warm. One of these is downstairs and one is upstairs. I've bled them both and i can feel the pipe going to the non-TRV valve (i.e the one with the white cap on it) is hot but the pipe with the TRV valve on it isn't even getting warm. There's plenty of pressure in the boiler and these have been working up to last year that i remember. I've gone to bleed them and there's still a lot of pressured water coming out of the bleed valve even if i leave it bleeding for a while as obviously I've made sure both valves are open and then thought that if the valves are blocked then the pressure should drop when i bleed them i would've thought as there'd be no water coming into the rads ?
I'm possibly going to take both of the radiators off and just flush them but it seems extremely odd that two of them have done this and i don't understand why the return pipe (which I'm assuming is the return as it's not got the TRV valve on it) is hot but the other side is cold on both of them ?
We have had a new radiator fitted earlier this year and it's been connected with the flow straight off the boiler and the same with the return (i.e as soon as the flow pipe comes out of the boiler there's a T there which flows off to the new radiator and then also onto the existing system) and then a T on the return pipe work just before it hits the boiler which then goes off to the return on this new boiler although that radiator is fine and i would've thought if this was causing an issue then we'd have NO hot radiators at all, not just two odd ones ?
Any ideas on this or am i going to have to remove the two questionable one's to make sure they're clear ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Take the TRV head off and check the pin under the head is free, it may be stuck down. If pushed in, it should spring back a couple or so millimetres if it is free. If not, tapping the side of the valve, or tugging the pin up gently should free it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back