2 skylights specified in LDC/PD - I want 3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, my lawful development application went in as "dormer conversion with two skylights at front" - got the approval (I'm aware that it wasn't needed but applied for it as a precaution).

I now want to add 3 skylights to the front - the architect (unsurprisingly, as he would not benefit from simply saying yes that's PD) says check with the council.

However, do I really need to? They won't protrude more than 150mm from the front roof.

The roof span is about 4.6 metres and two skylights would be 78x98 and another would be 58x78.

Sponsored Links
Because it moves any risk of the decision (being wrong) away from the professional - ultimately, there's no upside for him if I get a little bit more light in. A more helpful answer would be "I believe it is XYZ, but to be prudent, I suggest checking with the council".

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Your architect is an idiot; it is permitted development to put as many rooflights as you want on the front roof slope (assuming you are not a listed building).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back