1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

2 switches 1 live wire

Discussion in 'Electrics Outside of the UK' started by greyhishn, 1 Nov 2008.

1. greyhishn

greyhishn

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    here is what I had and this did work before I started messing with it :D
    I had a 3-way switch that runs a hall way light, and at the bottom of the stairs there is a second switch that runs an outlet in the living room. There was a battery operated timer on the switch that runs the outlet in the living room.
    I took the timer off, because I was having problems getting the battery in correctly, and tried to hook everything back up.

The first attempt I couldn't get anything to work right and found that there is only one hot wire.

On the second attempt I got the three way switch working, but i'm not sure how to get the outlet switch working.

Is there a way to do this when there is only one hot wire going into the switch box?

Since it was working before I took the timer out I'm assuming there is, but I'm not sure what to do next.

Thanks so much for any help you can give me.

2. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

3. Sponsored Links