2 TV's from 1 V+Box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For many years I have had a normal Virgin cable box connected by scart to the TV in my lounge.

The cable box had an ordinary aerial outlet for normal coax connection to a TV. I used this connection to feed to a TV in the Conservatory which is adjacent to the Lounge, brilliant in the summer to watch cricket!! Basically both TV's work perfectly well at the same time, although other than analogue (the anologue aerial is joined together with the cable box coax at the back of the set), the same "Sky" programmes are watched at the same time as controlled by the lounge box.

I have now changed over to the new V+ Box, that whilst it still has a coax outlet as before, the TV in the conservatory will not tune to this new box. Speaking to Virgin they tell me that coax outlets on V+ are not "usable"! I cannot therefore watch my "Sky" programmes in the conservatory.

Can anyone suggest how I can get back to the status quo, ie how can I set the system up to be able to watch my conservatory as previously.

Sponsored Links
That depends... If the Scart output that is labelled VCR produces the same video output as the main TV scart output, then your in luck. The way to test this is to get your pictures up on screen from your virgin box, then swap the scart lead from the TV output to the VCR output, if the picture's still there, then great! Next you'll need what's called an RF Modulator, scart adaptor. & phono leads. Check out the Maplin or CPC sites for suitable parts. The scart adaptor needs to have Audio and Video outputs and you simply connect these to the RF Modulator with phono leads and then connect this to your TV Aerial. Should now be able to tune other Tv into that video signal.
Good luck! If that fails, check out the Digisender wireless kit as an option!

wobblywal many thanks for your reply. Following on from your suggestionI examined the back of the V+ box and found, two scart outlets plus the HDMI, which of course since buying my new HD ready TV is the outlet we are using.

Connected the scart outlet to the conservatory TV and BINGO it worked.

Spot on Wobbly, only problem I have now is getting the huge scart plug through the little hole the coax was threaded through, any suggestions out there?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back