2 Way Switch

Tof
Sounds like the switch box is being used as the junction box.
Join the neutrals (black) together, with the phase cable (use a volt meter to find the live red) going to the comm terminal, that leaves the switched phase red cable into the l1 terminal.

Sponsored Links
comms said:
Tof
Sounds like the switch box is being used as the junction box.
Join the neutrals (black) together, with the phase cable (use a volt meter to find the live red) going to the comm terminal, that leaves the switched phase red cable into the l1 terminal.

sorry but i am still a bit confused.

what do you mean exactly ?

Should I join join the black wires together and not connecting them to the any contact on the switch contacts (while the live red cable goes to comm and the switched red wire goes to L1)

or

should I join the black wires together and connect them to L2 on the switch.

Sorry tof I should read the question right through.
From the 3 core cable take the red to the comm of the switch, take the yellow to L1, take the blue to L2.
Now the red from the other cable should also goto L1, Put the black to L2.
All the yellow/green (earth cpc) should be joined at the earthing point in the switch or in a block connector within the switch housing.

I just edited my previous question. can you clarify please ?
thanks in advance for the help.

Sponsored Links
Have you looked at the illustrations of 2-way switch wiring in the For Reference topic?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back